Whether it's movie night, game night, small gatherings, or simply munching, let's take a moment to appreciate the simple snack that always saves the day. Popcorn has always been our go-to snack, it's easy to prepare and requires nothing but a few ingredients.
If you're looking to give your popcorn a new twist and some extra delicious flavour, this Cinnamon-Sugar recipe is a must to try and easy to make.
The History Behind The Grain That Made History
Corn was domesticated about 10,000 years ago in what is now called Mexico, but it wasn’t until 2012 that archaeologists discovered that people have known about popcorn for thousands of years, unearthing that the first fossil evidence from Peru suggests that corn was popped as early as 4700 BC.
The fluffy popcorn we know and love today is, in part, the result of thousands of years of careful cultivation of a few different strains of corn.
Using high quality cinnamon can turn this popcorn recipe into an astonishing and devouring snack. Our Ceylon Organic Cinnamon is pure, all-natural, and freshly sourced to you directly from our farms in Madagascar.
Ceylon cinnamon is a bit more woodsy and has a more subtle flavour than Cassia cinnamon due to its lower volatile oil content. Its taste is slightly sweet and mild; however, it's unusually aromatic, giving off a strong, warm and inviting scent.
Intensify your Cinnamon-Sugar Popcorn with a few aromatic Vanilla Extract drops. Try our fresh Bourbon Vanilla Extract.
The Benefits of This Delicious Munch
- 100 gram serving of air-popped popcorn contains 15 grams of fiber, which makes it one of the world's best sources of fiber  .
- Popcorn is high in Polyphenol antioxidants, which are linked to various health benefits, from better blood circulation, to improved digestive health .
- It is a weight loss friendly food, as it is high in fiber, relatively low in calories and has a low energy density. A study showed that 15 calories of popcorn were as filling as 150 calories of potato chips .
- Cinnamon is rich with powerful antioxidants, such as Polyphenol .
- It has anti-inflammatory properties .
- Cinnamon improves glucose and lipids of people with type 2 diabetes .
For ingredients, instructions, and nutritional facts, Visit:
Vanille Vanille recipes on Whisk: Cinnamon-Sugar Popcorn