Wild Pepper from Madagascar (Voatsiperifery)
Also Known as: Voatsiperifery, Bourbon Pepper, Tail Pepper, Treetop pepper
MG-WP0262Regular price £12.95
Discover the magic of Malagsy Wild Pepper (or Voatsiperifery) which grows exclusively in the rainforests of Southeast Madagascar. Discovered by several renowned chefs and used as their secret ingredient, Madacascan Wild Pepper really can make a dish stand out.
We manually select only the finest red Wild Peppers (the red pepper variety is an indication of ripeness or maturity). Grind a little onto your dish and let the magic unfold!
What Does It Taste Like?
Extremely aromatic with a subtle, lingering heat. Aromas are earthy, floral, woody, citrus, peppery. The heat is pleasant, gentle, rich, and builds slowly.
How Is It Used?
Used as a direct substitute for Black Pepper and mostly as a final touch rather than during the cooking process.
- Fantastic when added to rubs and marinades for meat, fish, and poultry.
- Pairs beautifully with red wines.
- Goes well with vegetables, salads, fresh cheese (especially white cheeses and goat cheese).
- Sprinkling it on fruit (melons, strawberries, cherries, apples and pears) can really surprise and delight.
- Some great chefs like to combine it with chocolate.