Our vanilla extract and paste are made from premium, hand-selected beans cultivated in Madagascar. Using a cold-extraction process to preserve more than 300 flavor compounds found in the vanilla pod.
Vanilla paste is a thicker version of vanilla extract with some vanilla bean seeds added to it. You can use vanilla extract and vanilla bean paste interchangeably.
Vanilla, apart from being a flavouring agent, it has a significant positive affect on your overall health as well. Many health promoting elements such as vitamins, minerals, essential oils and complex sugars are present in vanilla.
Vanilla contains vanillin that acts as an antidepressant and has a powerful aroma that helps reduce stress, anxiety and left the mood effectively. The smell of vanilla also lessens crying in newborns.
It is proven that vanilla is full packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. And due to the fact that it has fewer calories and carbohydrates than sugar, it can be used to reduce your sugar intake.
While you can use vanilla paste in any recipe that calls for Vanilla, there’s a few kitchen moments where vanilla paste is the right way to go.
- High fat recipes: Stronger types of vanilla such as vanilla paste help to cut through the fat so you can enjoy the rich flavour and aroma.
- Low liquid recipes: Paste is a safer option and better suited for low liquid recipes where you don’t want to affect the consistency of your mixture.
- Chocolate recipes: A dash of vanilla paste gives chocolate a much needed boost and elevates the bitter flavour. However, vanilla extract is ideal for high liquid recipes such as cakes, pancakes, and it is best suited for no-bake treats, simmered sauces, custards and frozen desserts.
Popular Dishes to Use Vanilla Paste:
- Savory: Milk-Braised Pork Shoulder Stroganoff with Butternut Squash Noodles.
- Sweets: Boston Cream Pie, Chocolate Crème Brûlée.
- Sauces & Vinaigrettes: French Vanilla Vinaigrette, Vanilla Spice Rub, Vanilla Hollandaise.
Popular Dishes to Use Vanilla Extract:
- Savory: Caramelized Roasted Vegetables, Asian-Inspired Honey-Vanilla Chicken.
- Sweets: Vanilla Meringue Cookies, Vanilla Cake, Poached Pears with Vanilla Sauce.
- Sauces & Vinaigrettes: Vanilla Almond Hot Cocoa, Vanilla Citrus Cider, Chilean Monkey Tail Punch.
Vanilla paste can be stored for up to 3 years when kept in a cool and dark space. It is not recommended to refrigerate your paste, as the container will form condensation that will spoil the vanilla.
The same goes for your vanilla extract, keep it in a cool dark space, and keep it away from any heat, especially your stove.