Cacao nibs are the bean that chocolate comes from, roasted and cut into tiny bits. They taste a little bitter, nutty, and slightly chocolatey all at the same time
Cacao nibs are packed full of fiber, have lots of antioxidants, magnesium and potassium. They are also chock-full of iron, with one ounce containing 6 percent of your daily iron needs.
You can chop the cacao bean chunks (nibs) between meals, add directly to your muesli, blend them into your favorite smoothie, or use them in homemade muesli bars.
- Mexican: Traditional Mexican hot chocolate and Mexican hot chocolate disks.
- Middle Eastern: Spiced raw cacao halva and chocolate Baklava.
- Savory: Cocoa Nib and Spiced Lamb Sausage Pizza, Mixed Green Salad with Whole Citrus Vinaigrette, and Twice Roasted Duck with Salted Orange, Cacao Nibs and Coffee.
- Preserves: Shallot-Beer Cacao Nib Marmalade.
- Sweets/ Desserts: Cacao Nib and Chia Seed Flapjack Cookies, Raw Chocolate Nibs Brownies.
To ensure your cacao nibs last as long as possible, you should store them in an airtight container or plastic bag, and should be kept in a dark, cool and dry location.