Cacao Beans - Whole from Soconusco, Mexico (also referred to as Cocoa beans or simply cacao or cocoa) are the dried and fully fermented seed of the Theobroma cacao. Beware: there are many adulterated products out there that include chemicals and other added ingredients. Our Cacao beans are 100% natural and sourced directly from our farms in Mexico.
- Cacao bean has flavonoids that help to lower blood pressure and enhance elasticity of blood vessels.
- Rich in antioxidants which help to eradicate oxygen based free radicals from the body.
- It is rich in flavonol which has positive effects on brain health. It helps to assist on memory functions and learning.
Effect of cocoa and tea intake on blood pressure, Taubret D, Roesen R, Schomig E, Arch Intern Med. 2007
Cocoa has more phenolic phytochemicals and a higher antioxidant capacity than teas and red wines, Won Lee K, Jun Kim Y, Joo Lee H, Yong Lee C, J. Agric Food Chem. 2003
Create your own cacao powder, nibs, paste or butter using our 100% natural Cacao Real Soconusco Beans.
- Grind to make Cacao Powder which can usually be directly substituted in recipes with Cocoa Powder listed as an ingredient.
- Homemade Chocolate (from beans to bar)
- Hot Chocolate and Chocolate Tea
- Rough , homemade Cacao Butter.
To preserve your Cacao Beans - Whole from Soconusco, Mexico keep in a cool, dry and sealed location. Refrigeration and freezing isn't recommended due to moisture which is not good for the cacao beans.