As Christmas approaches or whatever the occasion, make easily very nice Iced nougat, caramelized almond chips.
Recipe type: Dessert
- Whole liquid cream: 25 cl
- Yellow (s) of egg (s): 4 piece (s)
- Sugar powder: 50 g
- Vanilla pod (s): 1 piece (s)
The italian meringue
- White (s) of egg: 4 piece (s)
- Sugar powder: 150 g
- Water: 5 cl
- Whole liquid cream: 30 cl
- Tapered almond (s): 100 g
- Sugar powder: 100 g
- In a saucepan, boil the cream with the split vanilla bean in 2. Blanch the yolks with the sugar. Pour the boiling cream over the yolks without stirring. Let cool then.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Cook at 118 ° C using a cooking probe. Arrange the whites in the beater bowl before the temperature is reached and mount in snow. Pour in the boiled sugar and continue to whisk until completely cool. Beat the whipped cream and set aside.
- In a hot skillet, add the sugar and let it melt. When taking a caramel color, add the flaked almonds and stop cooking. Spread on a sheet of baking paper and let cool. Break in small pieces and reserve.
- In a bowl, combine the cold custard and add a small portion of the meringue. Whisk and finish with remaining meringue and whipped cream with a soft spatula. Add the nougatine chips, then mold the whole into a silicone terrine. Reserve in the freezer for 3 hours.