As Christmas approaches or whatever the occasion, make easily very nice Vanilla soup.
Recipe type: Dessert
For the Genoese:
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 5 dl of milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 dl of caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons of calvados
- Split the pod and remove the seeds. Heat the milk with the pod and the seeds. Remove the pan from the heat and let infuse 10-15 min.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar until the mixture is light and airy. Pour the milk on and mix.
- Put the whole thing back in the pan and heat carefully while stirring with a wooden spoon. Heat until the mixture starts to thicken (temperature: +/- 85 ° C).
- Filter the soup and cool it quickly, for example in a cold water bath. Mix the Calvados.